From 8 July, you’ll need a border entry permit to travel from Victoria to NSW, except if you're entering NSW:
• as an emergency or law enforcement services worker
• for medical or hospital services
• to avoid injury or escape a risk of harm
• to attend court or to meet other legal
Permits are in place to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and jobs of NSW residents.
This closure is operating on a permit system for EVERYONE. Regardless of the person’s status – essential services, freight operator, travelling home, caring for relatives, seeking health assistance, travelling to work, students, etc.,
• EVERYONE must have a permit to travel across the border.
• Permit will be valid for 14 days.
• Individuals must apply for the permit.
• No bulk applications for permits are allowed.
• EVERYONE (not just the Driver) travelling in a vehicle MUST have a permit.
• For booked jobs the BSP should be checking that passengers have a permit.
• It is not the CPV Driver’s responsibility to check the passenger has a permit, but everyone
is encouraged to check before the trip commences.
• You will not get over the border without all passengers having a permit.
You can apply for the Exemption Permit at the Service NSW website at https://bit.ly/2Z830QJ.